What’s new in Plano
The Plano office serves as the main location at the Texas Back Institute and continues to grow in number of physicians, staff and patients. The office is currently home to 18 physicians who range in specialty from orthopedic spine surgery to physiatry, pain management, neurosurgery and psychology. Texas Back Institute also offers Physical Therapy for spine patients in Plano, therapists and their assistants work closely with patients to tailor a program for their specific condition and needs.
The Plano office is also home to Texas Back Institute’s corporate office, clinical trials department, Spine Surgery Fellowship program, and Spine Biomechanics Lab. Texas Back Institute continues to grow as a leader in the spine care industry, working to help patients suffering from from spine and brain conditions.
Texas Back Institute – Plano
Texas Back Institute has created and expanded the Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center, further adding to Texas Back’s growing list of sub-specialties. Led by internationally recognized spine surgeon, Dr. Isador Lieberman, the center prides itself on offering patients with the highest quality care and the latest in technology, including the latest in global positioning robotic technology for spine surgery. Dr. Lieberman is one of few physicians in the United States to offer this new technology, further setting the Texas Back Institute apart from its competitors. The Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center runs a monthly support group for its adolescent scoliosis patients and their families. The Center also offers complex revision surgery for patients who have had issues with a prior surgery, as well as a concierge program for its visitors from out of town.
Center for Disc Replacement
In January 2011, the Center for Disc Replacement opened at the Texas Back Institute – Plano to serve the increasing number of national and international patients requesting the latest in artificial disc replacement (ADR) surgeries. Co-directors of the Center are fellowship-trained, orthopedic spine surgeons Drs. Scott Blumenthal, Richard Guyer, Jack Zigler, and Jessica Shellock who have served as primary investigators in the latest FDA-approved clinical trials. Focused on the needs of the ADR patient, the Center includes concierge services to help coordinate treatment with the patient’s local physicians, assist with travel and transportation arrangements, and provide other assistance the patient may need.
Craig Lankford M.D.Physiatrist – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Texas Back InstitutePhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation
“I want to treat you with respect, compassion and understand how pain affects your everyday life in order to help you get back to life.”
| Specialty: Physiatrist – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Fellowship Training: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Certification: Certified – American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Dr. Craig Lankford, M.D.
Craig Lankford, M.D., is a Physiatrist for Texas Back Institute. Dr. Lankford earned his medical degree and completed his internship at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. He then attended the Baylor University Medical Center to complete his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Lankford completed a fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Lankford enjoys giving back to the community and in the past has volunteered as the Team Physician for Bishop Dunne High School Football and Physician Supervisor at the White Rock Lake Marathon, Hoop it Up Basketball Tournament and Dallas Cup Soccer. Dr. Lankford has participated in athletic physicals for Southern Methodist University, Dallas County Community College and Dallas Area High Schools.
• 2005-2006 Pain Medicine Fellowship, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Norman, Oklahoma
• June 2002 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
• 2001-2002 Preliminary Medicine Internship, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine Program, Kansas City, Missouri
• 2001 M.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri
• 2000 B.L.A., University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
• Summer 1995 Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, Missouri
- D Magazine Best Doctors – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor – Rising Star: 2012, 2013, 2014
- Residency Sports Medicine Coordinator
- Team Physician, Bishop Dunne High School Football
- Preparticipation Athletic Physicals, Baylor Sportscare, Southern Methodist University
- Preparticipation Athletic Physicals, Baylor Sportscare, Dallas County Community College District
- Preparticipation Athletic Physicals, Baylor Sportscare, Dallas Area High Schools
- Physician Supervisor, Dallas White Rock Marathon
- Physician Supervisor, Hoop It Up 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Physician Supervisor, Dallas Cup Soccer
3164 Horizon Rd Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75032
6020 W. Parker Rd. Suite 200 Plano Texas 75093 United States
Physician Assistants Servicing this Location
MAP, HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Texas Back Institute – Plano
Suite 200 (2nd Floor)
Plano TX 75093