What’s new in Plano
The Plano office serves as the main location at the Texas Back Institute and continues to grow in number of physicians, staff and patients. The office is currently home to 18 physicians who range in specialty from orthopedic spine surgery to physiatry, pain management, neurosurgery and psychology. Texas Back Institute also offers Physical Therapy for spine patients in Plano, therapists and their assistants work closely with patients to tailor a program for their specific condition and needs.
The Plano office is also home to Texas Back Institute’s corporate office, clinical trials department, Spine Surgery Fellowship program, and Spine Biomechanics Lab. Texas Back Institute continues to grow as a leader in the spine care industry, working to help patients suffering from from spine and brain conditions.
Texas Back Institute – Plano
Texas Back Institute has created and expanded the Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center, further adding to Texas Back’s growing list of sub-specialties. Led by internationally recognized spine surgeon, Dr. Isador Lieberman, the center prides itself on offering patients with the highest quality care and the latest in technology, including the latest in global positioning robotic technology for spine surgery. Dr. Lieberman is one of few physicians in the United States to offer this new technology, further setting the Texas Back Institute apart from its competitors. The Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center runs a monthly support group for its adolescent scoliosis patients and their families. The Center also offers complex revision surgery for patients who have had issues with a prior surgery, as well as a concierge program for its visitors from out of town.
Center for Disc Replacement
In January 2011, the Center for Disc Replacement opened at the Texas Back Institute – Plano to serve the increasing number of national and international patients requesting the latest in artificial disc replacement (ADR) surgeries. Co-directors of the Center are fellowship-trained, orthopedic spine surgeons Drs. Scott Blumenthal, Richard Guyer, Jack Zigler, and Jessica Shellock who have served as primary investigators in the latest FDA-approved clinical trials. Focused on the needs of the ADR patient, the Center includes concierge services to help coordinate treatment with the patient’s local physicians, assist with travel and transportation arrangements, and provide other assistance the patient may need.
Nayan R. Patel M.D.Physiatrist – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Texas Back InstitutePhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation
“I treat my patients the same way I would want myself or my family to be treated – with care, compassion and competence.”
| Specialty: Physiatrist – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Certification: Certified – American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Dr. Nayan R. Patel, M.D.
Nayan R. Patel, M.D., joined the Texas Back Institute as a Physiatrist and currently serves as their Director of Non-Surgical Spine Care. Dr. Patel earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. After completing his degree, Dr. Patel attended the Baylor University Medical Center Department of Medical Education for his internship and finished his residency in Physical Medicine & rehabilitation at the University of Texas – Southwestern Medical School. Dr. Patel is on the Board of Managers for the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery and has received D Magazine’s Best Doctor Award multiple times.
- 1997-2000 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas
- 1996-1997 Internal Medicine Internship, Baylor University Medical Center Department of Medical Education, Dallas, Texas
- 1996 M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1992 B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Patel’s Awards/Recognition:
- Director of Conservative Care, Texas Back Institute
- Best Doctor Award, D Magazine, Dallas, Texas
- Board of Managers, Presbyterian Plano Center for Diagnostics and Surgery
- D Magazine Best Doctors – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
| Publications, Books & Presentations
As world-renowned leaders in the field of neck and back care, Texas Back Institute doctors are continuously writing and presenting professional articles, publications and speaking engagements to national and international audiences.
1. Marchetti J, Verma-Kurvari S, Patel N, Gibbs S, Lankford C, Ohnmeiss D: Do EMG Readings Predict Patient’s Response to ESI? North American Spine Society. October, 2008; Toronto, Canada.
1. Marchetti J, Verma-Kurvari S, Patel N, Gibbs S, Lankford C, Ohnmeiss D: Do EMG Readings Predict Patient’s Re sponse to ESI? American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. November, 2008; San Diego, California.
6020 W. Parker Rd. Suite 200 Plano Texas 75093
3164 Horizon Rd Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75032
4370 Medical Arts Dr. River Walk Building III Flower Mound Texas 75028 United States
Physician Assistants Servicing this Location
MAP, HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Texas Back Institute – Plano
Suite 200 (2nd Floor)
Plano TX 75093