What’s new in Plano
The Plano office serves as the main location at the Texas Back Institute and continues to grow in number of physicians, staff and patients. The office is currently home to 18 physicians who range in specialty from orthopedic spine surgery to physiatry, pain management, neurosurgery and psychology. Texas Back Institute also offers Physical Therapy for spine patients in Plano, therapists and their assistants work closely with patients to tailor a program for their specific condition and needs.
The Plano office is also home to Texas Back Institute’s corporate office, clinical trials department, Spine Surgery Fellowship program, and Spine Biomechanics Lab. Texas Back Institute continues to grow as a leader in the spine care industry, working to help patients suffering from from spine and brain conditions.
Texas Back Institute – Plano
Texas Back Institute has created and expanded the Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center, further adding to Texas Back’s growing list of sub-specialties. Led by internationally recognized spine surgeon, Dr. Isador Lieberman, the center prides itself on offering patients with the highest quality care and the latest in technology, including the latest in global positioning robotic technology for spine surgery. Dr. Lieberman is one of few physicians in the United States to offer this new technology, further setting the Texas Back Institute apart from its competitors. The Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center runs a monthly support group for its adolescent scoliosis patients and their families. The Center also offers complex revision surgery for patients who have had issues with a prior surgery, as well as a concierge program for its visitors from out of town.
Center for Disc Replacement
In January 2011, the Center for Disc Replacement opened at the Texas Back Institute – Plano to serve the increasing number of national and international patients requesting the latest in artificial disc replacement (ADR) surgeries. Co-directors of the Center are fellowship-trained, orthopedic spine surgeons Drs. Scott Blumenthal, Richard Guyer, Jack Zigler, and Jessica Shellock who have served as primary investigators in the latest FDA-approved clinical trials. Focused on the needs of the ADR patient, the Center includes concierge services to help coordinate treatment with the patient’s local physicians, assist with travel and transportation arrangements, and provide other assistance the patient may need.
Stephen H. Hochschuler M.D.Orthopedic Spine Surgeon Texas Back InstituteOrthopedic Spine Surgery
| Practicing Locations: Plano
| Personal Quote:
“I primarily deal with lumbar spinal problems. I often am referred complex or failed spinal procedures for evaluation and treatment”
| Specialty: Spine Surgery
| Fellowship Training: Spine Surgery
| Certification: Certified – American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
| Dr. Stephen H. Hochschuler, M.D
Stephen H. Hochschuler, M.D., is a Co-founder and chairman emeritus of Texas Back Institute and also the founder of one of the first back schools in the United States. He possesses over 30 years of experience and specializes in lumbar spinal problems. Dr. Hochschuler graduated from Columbia College, earned his Medical Degree from Harvard Medical School where he also completed his internship and General Surgery residency. After joining the United States Air Force, Dr. Hochschuler attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, TX for his residency in Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Hochschuler holds many achievements in his medical career including President and founding member of the Spine Arthroplasty Society, founder of the Spine Division at the Veterans Administration, founding member of the International Society for The Advancement of Spine Surgery, founded several spine related companies as well as a member of several spine societies, and is a decorated United States Air Force Major.
- 1973-1977 Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas and Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas
- 1971-1973 United States Air Force (Captain, Major)
- 1969-1971 General Surgery Residency at Harvard, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1968-1969 Harvard Surgical Service Internship, Boston City Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1968 M.D., Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1964 B.A., Columbia College, New York, New York
- Co-founder, Texas Back Institute; concurrently founder of one of the first back schools in the United States
- President, Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Board of Directors, SpineMark
- Founder, Spine Division, Veterans Administration, Dallas, Texas
- Clinical Instructor, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Department of Orthopedics, Dallas, Texas
- Founding Member, Board of Directors, Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Founding Member, American Board of Spinal Surgery
- Past Chairman, SpineMark
- D Magazine Best Doctor – 2010
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Co-founder, Innovative Spinal Technologies
- Chairman, Texas Back Institute Holdings Corporation
- Advisory Board, Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Picower Institute for Memory and Learning
- Society for Design and Process Science, George Kozmetsky Distinguished Achievement Award
- Air Force Commendation Award
| Publications, Books & Presentations
6020 W. Parker Road Suite 200 Plano TX 75093
Physician Assistants Servicing this Location
MAP, HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Texas Back Institute – Plano
Suite 200 (2nd Floor)
Plano TX 75093