Welcome to our Texoma location. We are conveniently located in the Cigna building, next to Texoma Medical Center. Dr. Theodore Belanger, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon is accepting new patients at this location. Call us for an appointment today!
Physician Assistants Servicing this Location
Theodore Belanger M.D.Orthopedic Spine Surgeon Texas Back InstituteSpine Surgery
| Practicing Locations: Rockwall, Texoma
| Dr. Theodore Belanger Quote:“I strive to provide my patients with the best advice possible about their spine concerns. I evaluate each patient and their situation carefully, making treatment recommendations based on their goals, preferences, and what is medically in their best interest.”
| Specialty: Spine Surgery
| Fellowship Training: Spinal Surgery
| Certification: Certified – American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
| Theodore Belanger, M.D.
Theodore Belanger, M.D., a board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon, came to the Texas Back Institute from North Carolina, where he was a partner physician at the OrthoCarolina Spine Center. Dr. Belanger has also trained spine surgery fellows and orthopedic residents while covering spine trauma calls at a regional level-one trauma center. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of neck and back disorders, including degenerative conditions, disc disorders, adult and pediatric spinal deformity, scoliosis, and spine trauma. Dr. Belanger earned a Bachelor of Science with Honors from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Wisconsin Medical School. He completed his residency training at Michigan State University/ Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, and a Spine Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury Fellowship at Case Western Reserve University under the late Henry Bohlman, M.D.. Dr. Belanger is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and is a member of the Cervical Spine Research Society.
- 2003 Spinal Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury Fellowship, Case Western University, Department of Orthopaedics
- 2002 Categorical Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Michigan State University / Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies
- 1997 Doctor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School
- 1993 Bachelor of Science with Honors, University of Wisconsin
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Member of Cervical Spine Research Society
- University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Senior Honors Thesis Research Award
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
| Publications, Books & Presentations
As world-renowned leaders in the field of neck and back care, Texas Back Institute doctors are continuously writing and presenting professional articles, publications, and speaking engagements to national and international audiences.
1. Cervicothoracic Spinal Osteotomy for Treatment of Chin-on-Chest Deformity in Ankylosing Spondylitis Patients, 38th Annual Meeting of the Scoliosis Research Society, Quebec, September 12, 2003.
2. Cervicothoracic Spinal Osteotomy for Treatment of Chin-on-Chest Deformity in Ankylosing Spondylitis Patients, Annual Meeting of the Cervical Spine Research Society, Scottsdale, December 2003.
3. Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament in 61 North Americans, Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, San Francisco, 2004.
1. Belanger, Rowe. “Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis: Musculoskeletal Manifestations”, Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Vol 9, No 4, July/August 2001.
2. Belanger, Dall. “Sacroiliac Arthrodesis Using a Posterior Midline Fascial Splitting Approach and Pedicle Screw Instrumentation: A New Technique”, Journal of Spinal Disorders, Vol 14, No 2, January 2001.
3. Tribus, Belanger, Zdeblick. “The Effect of Operative Position and Short-Segment Fusion on Maintenance of Sagittal Alignment of the Lumbar Spine”, Spine, Vol 24, No 1, January 1999.
4. Beatty, Belanger, Desai, Morrison, Byrne. “Tryptophan Depletion as a Mechanism of Gamma Interferon-mediated Chlamydial Persistence”, Infection and Immunity, September 1994.
5. Beatty, Belanger, Desai, Morrison, Byrne. “Role of Tryptophan in Gamma Interferonmediated Chlamydial Persistence”, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol 730, August 1994.
6. Belanger, Emery. “Anterior Decompression for Myelopathy: Corpectomy”, The Cervical Spine Surgery Atlas, 2nd ed., Harry Herkowitz, Editor, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004.
7. Belanger, Emery. “Thoracic Disc Disease and Myelopathy”, The Adult and Pediatric Spine, 3rd ed., John Frymoyer, Editor, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004.
8. Belanger, Milam, Roh, Bohlman. “Cervicothoracic Spinal Osteotomy for Treatment of Chin-on-chest Deformity in Ankylosing Spondylitis Patients”, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Am., vol 87, August 2005.
9. Belanger, Roh, Hanks, Kang, Emery, Bohlman. “Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament. Results of Anterior Cervical Decompression and Arthrodesis in Sixty-one North American Patients”, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Am., vol 87, March 2005.
10. Belanger, Rowe. “DISH and Related Disorders”, The Cervical Spine, 5th ed., David Murphy, Editor, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, In press. ∞ Belanger. “Surgery for Kyphosis Associated With Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Disorders”, The Cervical Spine, 5th ed., David Murphy, Editor, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, In press.
3164 Horizon Rd, Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75032
4616 US 75 Suite 202 Denison Texas 75020
Physicians Servicing this Location
MAP, HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Texas Back Institute – Texoma