Search for Doctors
Nayan R. Patel, M.D.Physiatrist – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Texas Back InstitutePhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation
“I treat my patients the same way I would want myself or my family to be treated – with care, compassion and competence.”
| Specialty: Physiatrist – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Fellowship Training: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Certification: Certified – American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
| Dr. Nayan R. Patel, M.D.
Nayan R. Patel, M.D., joined the Texas Back Institute as a Physiatrist and currently serves as their Director of Non-Surgical Spine Care. Dr. Patel earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. After completing his degree, Dr. Patel attended the Baylor University Medical Center Department of Medical Education for his internship and finished his residency in Physical Medicine & rehabilitation at the University of Texas – Southwestern Medical School. Dr. Patel is on the Board of Managers for the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery and has received D Magazine’s Best Doctor Award multiple times.
- 1997-2000 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas
- 1996-1997 Internal Medicine Internship, Baylor University Medical Center Department of Medical Education, Dallas, Texas
- 1996 M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1992 B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Patel’s Awards/Recognition:
- Director of Conservative Care, Texas Back Institute
- Best Doctor Award, D Magazine, Dallas, Texas
- Board of Managers, Presbyterian Plano Center for Diagnostics and Surgery
| Publications, Books & Presentations
As world-renowned leaders in the field of neck and back care, Texas Back Institute doctors are continuously writing and presenting professional articles, publications and speaking engagements to national and international audiences.
1. Marchetti J, Verma-Kurvari S, Patel N, Gibbs S, Lankford C, Ohnmeiss D: Do EMG Readings Predict Patient’s Response to ESI? North American Spine Society. October, 2008; Toronto, Canada.
1. Marchetti J, Verma-Kurvari S, Patel N, Gibbs S, Lankford C, Ohnmeiss D: Do EMG Readings Predict Patient’s Re sponse to ESI? American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. November, 2008; San Diego, California.