| Personal Quote:
“My goals are to treat you with respect, diagnose your problem and remove your fears about neck and back pain.”
| Specialty: Spine Surgery
| Fellowship Training: Spinal Surgery
| Certification: Certified – American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Rey Bosita, Jr., M.D., M.B.A., is a board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon at the Texas Back Institute Plano, Flower Mound and Rockwall locations. He specializes in lumbar and cervical disc surgery. Dr. Bosita is a proud graduate of Stanford University. He also earned his medical degree from The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine and received his M.B.A. from the prestigious Northwestern University J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management. He serves as Chairman of the Board of Managers at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Rockwall and is an avid fund-raiser for the Arthritis Foundation of North Texas.
Dr. Bosita focuses on dispelling anxiety about neck and back pain. He tries to empower, educate, and encourage patients in order to get the best possible outcomes through a conservative, minimally invasive approach. Spine surgery is just one of many tools he will use to treat your pain.
As world-renowned leaders in the field of neck and back care, Texas Back Institute doctors are continuously writing and presenting professional articles, publications and speaking engagements to national and international audiences.
1. Burd T, Bosita R. Position: Nonoperative Management. J Orthop Trauma. 19(9):674-676, 2005.
2. Bosita RV, Hong T: Avascular Necrosis of Lumbar Facet Joints Associated with Bilateral Facet Fractures: A Case Report. Spine J, in press.
1. Bosita RV: Effects of Parathyroid Hormone on Calcium Ion Channels in MDCK Cells. Student Research Forum; Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center. 1992.
2. Bosita RV: Medical Software Development for a User-Friendly Hand-Held Computer to Improve Efficiency in a Health Care Setting. Research Poster Forum. University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. 1994.
3. Bosita RV: Compartment Syndromes Grand Rounds. Department of Vascular Surgery. Loyola University Medical Center. 1997.
4. Bosita RV: Rheumatoid Cervical Spine, Osteochondritis Dissecans, Infected Total Joint Arthroplasty. Grand Rounds. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Loyola University Medical Center. 2001, 1999, 1998.
5. Bosita RV: Diagnosis and Management of Spine Metastases. Spine Conference Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Neurosurgery. Loyola University Medical Center. 1999.
6. Bosita RV: Anatomic and Biomechanical Analysis of Deltoid-to-Triceps Tendon Transfer Surgery. American Society for Surgery of the Hand. 2000.
7. Bosita RV: Anatomic and Biomechanical Analysis of Deltoid-to-Triceps. Tendon Transfer Surgery. Mid-American Orthopaedic Association. 2000.
8. Bosita RV: Treatment of Cervical Spine Rheumatoid Arthritis. Grand Rounds, Multidisciplinary Spine Conference. Metrohealth Medical Center. 2001.
9. Bosita RV: Use of Intraoperative Fluoroscopy Guidance for Pedicle Screw Placement. Medtronic Sofamor-Danek Science+Spine+Management. November, 2001; New Orleans, Louisiana.
10. Bosita RV: Anatomic and Biomechanical Analysis of Deltoid-to-Triceps Tendon Transfer Surgery. Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Midwest Residents Competition. 2001.
11. Bosita RV: Frontiers in Spine Surgery, Artificial Disk Replacement, Diagnosis and Treatment of Spinal Stenosis. Grand Rounds: University of the Philippines Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2002
12. Bosita RV, Yee A, Birkedal JP, Emery SE: Radiographic and Histologic Analysis of Cervical Spine Arthrodesis with Autograft and Plate vs. Tantalum and Plate in a Nubian Goat Model. Cervical Spine Research Society. December, 2002; Miami Beach, Florida.
13. Bosita RV Jr: Surgical Solutions. Case Management Society of America Symposium. March, 2004; Dallas, Texas.
14. Bosita RV, Banco RJ, Blumenthal SL, Buckley R, Cappuccino A, Demakas JJ, Garden MS, Geisler F, Jenis LG, Laich DT, Lazar RD, Puccio ST, Thalgott J, Tromanhauser SG. Performance and Safety of the STALIF Device for Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion. International Meeting on Advanced Spinal Techniques (IMAST). July, 2007; Paradise, Bahamas.
There are no upcoming events at this time.