Blake N. Staub, M.D.
Texas Back InstituteNeurosurgery
6020 W. Parker Road Suite 200 Plano, TX 75093work8230 Walnut Hill Lane Professional Building 3 , Suite 204 Dallas, TX 75231work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
|Quote: “Every patient should demand and receive personalized medical care. I believe in utilizing every tool at my disposal to tailor a plan of care for each patient I treat. With the right preoperative plan, even the most complex spine pathology can be corrected safely and effectively. “
| Practicing Locations: Plano & Dallas
| Specialty: Neurosurgery
| Fellowship Training: Complex Spine and Scoliosis
| Certification: Board Eligible – American Board of Neurological Surgery
| Bio: Blake N. Staub, M.D. is a neurosurgeon at Texas Back Institute. Dr. Staub specializes in spinal surgery and focuses on using the most advanced technology combined with the least invasive techniques available to treat his patients. Dr. Staub earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the Emory University and completed his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He then completed a surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at Houston Methodist Hospital. Upon completion of his residency, Dr. Staub finished an Orthopedic Spine Surgery fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York focusing in complex spine and scoliosis surgery.
Dr. Staub is a member of numerous professional organizations including the Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons, North American Spine Society, American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Congress of Neurological Surgeons. Dr. Staub has authored numerous scientific articles, medical book chapters and has been called on to present his research at national medical society meetings and conferences.
Dr. Staub specializes in the treatment of spinal disorders and his clinical interests include adult scoliosis, deformity reconstruction, revision surgery, spinal tumors and minimally invasive spinal surgery. Dr. Staub also treats vertebral compression fractures, cervical and lumbar degenerative disorders and spine trauma.
Hospital for Special Surgery ~ New York, NY August 2016-July 2017 Complex spine and scoliosis fellow
Houston Methodist Hospital ~ Houston, Texas July 2009-June 2016 Internship and Residency ~ Neurological Surgery
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School ~ Dallas, Texas August 2005-June 2009 Doctor of Medicine
Emory University ~ Atlanta, GA August 2001-May 2005 Bachelor of Science, Biology
Passed the American Board of Neurological Surgery written examination (March 2012)
Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
North American Spine Society
| Publications, Books & Presentations
- Staub BN, Livingston AD, Chevez-Barrios P, Baskin DS. Hemangioblastoma of the optic nerve producing bilateral optic tract edema in a patient with von hippel-lindau disease. Surg Neurol Int. 2014; 5:33-7806.128430.
- Staub BN, Rangel-Castilla L, Olar A, Baskin DS. Olfactory colloid cyst: Case report and review of extraventricular colloid cyst literature. World Neurosurg. 2014;81(1):202.e19-202.e22.
- Staub BN, Holman PJ. Case report: Lateral retroperitoneal transpsoas interbody fusion in an achondroplastic dwarf. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. 2014 Nov 21:1-4.
- Staub BN, Holman PJ, Reitman CA, Hipp J. Sagittal Plane Lumbar Intervertebral Motion During Seated Flexion-Extension in 658 Asymptomatic, Non-Degenerated Levels. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. 2015 Dec 23: 731-738
- Staub BN, Huang M, Holman PJ, Benzel EC. Chapter 12: Physical and Neurological Examination. In Benzel’s Spine Surgery: Techniques, Complication Avoidance, and Management, 4th Edition. Elsevier Publishing. Publication Pending
- Book Chapter in: Comprehensive Guide for Patients and Families with Neurosurgical Conditions and Emergencies. Springer Publishing. In press.
- Staub, Blake N, MD1 ; Lafage, Renaud, MS1 ; Kim, Han Jo, MD1 ; Shaffrey, Christopher, MD2 ; Mundis, Gregory, MD3 ; Hostin, Richard, MD4 ; Burton, Douglas, MD5 ; Lenke, Lawrence, MD6 ; Munish, Gupta, MD7; Ames, Christopher, MD8 ; Klineberg, Eric, MD9 ; Bess, Shay, MD10 ; Schwab, Frank, MD1 ; Lafage, Virginie, PhD1 ; ISSG; Cervical mismatch: the normative value of T1 slope minus cervical lordosis and its ability to predict ideal cervical lordosis. Submitted to Spine.
- Staub, BN, Huang M, Holman, PJ, Reitman CA, Hipp J; Sagittal plane lumbar intervertebral motion during seated flexion-extension radiographs of 802 asymptomatic, degenerated and non-degenerated levels. Submitted to Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine
- Blake N. Staub MD, Todd J. Albert MD. The Cost Effectiveness of Various Surgical Procedures in the Cervical Spine. To be published in: Degenerative Cervical Myelopathy and Radiculopathy: Treatment Approaches and Options
- Blake N. Staub MD, Renaud Lafage MS, Frank Schwab MD. Flatback and Other Post-Operative Sagittal Malignment Syndromes. To be published in the Scoliosis Research Society E-Textbook
- Staub BN. Spinopelvic Parameters and Deformity Correction. Oral Presentation Presented at: Houston Methodist Neurological Institute Department of Neurosurgery Grand Rounds Seminar Series; Houston, TX. November 2013
- Staub BN, Holman PJ, Hipp J. Intervertebral Motion in the Lumbar Spine in 161 Asymptomatic Individuals: Defining a New Normal. Oral Presentation Presented at: Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons 2014 Annual Meeting; San Antonio, Texas
- Staub BN, Holman PJ, Hu X, Lieberman IH. Sacro-pelvic Fixation Using the S2 Alar-Iliac (S2AI) Screws in Adult Deformity Patients: Experiences with Two Different Navigation Techniques. Oral Presentation Presented at: International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery ~2014 Meeting; Miami, Fl.
- Staub BN, Desai V, Holman PJ. Minimally Invasive, Stereotactic, Wireless, Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Placement in the Lumbar Spine: Accuracy Rates with 204 Consecutive Screws. 2014 Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Global Forum; Miami, FL. Sep 2014
- Staub BN, Huang M, Hanson D, Holman PJ. Sagittal Deformity Correction During The Minimally Invasive Lateral Transpsoas Approach With Hyperlordotic Interbody Grafting And Adjunctive ALL Release. 2014 Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Global Forum; Miami, FL. Sep 2014.
- Staub BN, Desai V, Holman PJ. Minimally Invasive, Stereotactic, Wireless, Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Placement in the Lumbar Spine: Accuracy Rates with 224 Consecutive Screws. 2015 Lumbar Spine Research Society; Chicago, IL April 2014.
- Staub BN, Huang M, Hanson D, Holman PJ. Sagittal Deformity Correction During the Lateral Transpsoas Approach with Hyperlordotic Interbody Grafting, Adjunctive ALL release, and Subsequent Smith-Peterson Osteotomy. 2015 Global Spine Congress; Buenos Aires, Argentina. May 2015.
- Blake N. Staub MD, Cervical mismatch: the normative value of T1 slope minus cervical lordosis and its ability to predict ideal cervical lordosis. The 14th Annual Cabo Meeting:The State of Spine Surgery Think Tank; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico June 2017 POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- Staub BN, Hipp J, Kim, DH. Comparison of the Detection of Spinous Process Fractures After Placement of an Interspinous Process Spacer using Computed Tomography Scans and Flexion/Extension Radiographs. Congress of Neurological Surgeons 2014 Annual Meeting; Boston, MA. Oct 2014
- Staub BN, Hipp, J. The Most Recent Evidence for the Radiographic Diagnosis of Cervical Arthrodesis – When will the Food and Drug Administration Change the Spinal Investigational Device Exemptions Guidelines. Congress of Neurological Surgeons 2014 Annual Meeting; Boston, MA. Oct 2014
- Staub BN, Parrish RG. The Comparative Efficacy of Extended-Release Liposomal Bupivacaine in Preventing Post-Surgical Pain After a One-Level Microdiscectomy Versus Plain Bupivacaine HCl. CNS/AANS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves 2015 Annual Meeting; Phoenix, AZ. March 2015.