Search for Doctors
Isador Lieberman, M.D., M.B.A., FRCSCScoliosis and Spine Tumors Texas Back InstituteOrthopedic Spine Surgery
| Practicing Locations: Plano
| Personal Quote:
“My goal is to treat every patient as if they are the only patient I have.”
| Specialty: Scoliosis and Spine Tumors
| Fellowship Training: Spinal Surgery
- Certified – American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
| Dr. Lieberman, M.D.
Dr. Lieberman is a fellowship trained Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds specialist certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He completed medical school and residency at the University of Toronto and completed Spine surgery and Trauma surgery fellowships at the Toronto Hospital in Canada and at Queen’s Medical Center in Nottingham, England.
Dr. Lieberman specializes in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders. His clinical interests include adolescent and adult scoliosis, deformity reconstruction, spinal tumors, minimally invasive/robotic/endoscopic spinal surgery, treatment of vertebral compression fractures, cervical and lumbar degenerative disorders and trauma. Dr. Lieberman established the Uganda Charitable Spine Surgery Mission which provides services to the less fortunate in Uganda who are afflicted with spinal ailments, including tuberculosis and scoliosis.
- 2002 Masters in Business Administration, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1993 Clinical Fellow Spine Surgery, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- 1992 Clinical Fellow Spine and Trauma Surgery, The Toronto Hospital – Western Division, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1990-1992 Orthopedic Surgery Chief Resident, The Toronto Hospital – Western Division, St. Michael’s Hospital & The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1989-1990 Orthopedic Surgery Resident, Toronto East General Hospital, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1988-1989 Orthopedic Surgery Resident, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1987-1988 Orthopedic Surgery Research Resident, Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1986-1987 Comprehensive Surgery Internship, The Wellesley Hospital, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1986 M.D. The University of Toronto, The Faculty of Medicine, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1982 The University of Toronto, Toronto Ontario Canada
- 1979 The University of Western Ontario, London Ontario Canada
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation Innovations Award, 2009, P.K. Ranney Foundation New Product Award
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation Innovations Award, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009, multiple patents
- Listed “Best Doctors in America” Registry 2008, 2009
- Listed “America’s Top Surgeons” Registry 2008
- Arthur Bloomfield Award for Excellence in Medical Education. The American Academy of Continuing Medical Education. Middle East Spine Symposium. Arab Health Congress January 2006.
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation Innovations Recognition Award, 2005, Merlot OrthopediX Inc.
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, World Class Service Award of Excellence, 2005
- Clinical Science Award for Best Poster, Spine Society of Europe Annual Meeting 2004. “Clinical Outcome of Vertebral Augmentation for Osteolytic Collapse”.
- Video Presentation Winner, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting 2004. “Translaminar Screw Fixation”.
- “Life Member” of the Nation Registry of Who’s Who, 2001
- Robin Sullivan Award for Best Research Paper, University of Toronto, Orthopaedic Research Day, 1988
- University of Toronto Intramural “T” Award, 1985
- Faculty of Medicine Athletic Achievement Award, 1985
- Faculty of Medicine Letter for Athletic Achievement, 1984
- Walter F. Watkins Scholarship for Academic Excellence, 1983
- Rhea V. Scott Scholarship for Academic Achievement, 1982
- Innis College Letter for Athletic Achievement, 1982