Fellowship Training: Neurosurgery
Certification: Certified – American Board of Neurological Surgery
Dr. Akwasi Boah Quote:
“My Goal is to be extremely kind, always available, and effective for each patient throughout their treatment process.”
Dr. Akwasi Boah graduated from Saint Joseph’s University with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Health Services and a minor in Biology. Dr. Boah received his medical degree from the Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. He then went on to complete a surgical internship at the New York University School of Medicine, and a residency in Neurological Surgery. He also completed an Instructorship in Spinal Neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Department of Neurosurgery. He now specializes in Spinal Neurosurgery and Oncologic Spinal Neurosurgery.
He is the author and co-author of several research papers and book chapters, and has given oral presentations at several locations including the NYU Department of Neurosurgery, and the annual NMA Section of Neurology and Neurosurgery Gathering in 2010. He is a member of several professional organizations including AANS, Alpha Omega Alpha, and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. In addition to English, Dr. Boah is also proficient in several languages including Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese.
- New York University School of Medicine:
- Surgical Internship 2008-2009
- Residency in Neurological Surgery 2009 – 2015
- Johns Hopkins Department of Neurosurgery: Instructorship in Spinal Neurosurgery 2015 – 2016
- Morehouse School of Medicine: Doctor of Medicine 2008
- Saint Joseph’s University: Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Health Services with Biology minor; December 2002
- D Magazine Best Docs – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor – Rising Star: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Medical School Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society: February 2007
- President of Georgia’s Gamma Chapter of the AOA Honor Society: November 2007
- Pathology Award: May 2006
- Curtis L. Parker Research Day Presenter: Honorable Mention
- Neuroanatomy/Neuroscience Award: May 2006
- Achievement Scholarship: May 2005 – current
- Participant of MSM Georgia Medical Student Quiz Bowl Winning Team (November 2004)
Achievement Merit Scholarship: 1999-2002
Boah AO, Pacione D, Frempong-Boadu AK. Cervical Myelopathy: Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors. Jaypee Publishers. 2015. Pending.
Benjamin C, Boah, A, Frempong-Boadu AK. Third Edition of Neurosurgical Operative Atlas: Spine and Peripheral Nerves. Thieme Medical Publishers. 2015. Pending.