Shashank V. Gandhi>
Fellowship Training: Complex Pediatric Spinal Deformity & Scoliosis, and Minimally Invasive & Complex Adult Spinal Deformity
Dr. Shashank V. Gandhi Quote:
“My mission is to bring hope to my patients who are experiencing debilitating pain. I want to reassure them that with my expertise and care they are in good hands. Together, we can overcome it.”
Dr. Shashank V. Gandhi is a neurosurgeon at Texas Back Institute specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery, complex spine surgery, and the treatment of brain conditions. Dr. Gandhi earned his bachelor’s degree and his medical degree at the University of Florida. He then went on to complete his neurosurgery residency at Northwell School of Medicine in Manhasset, NY, and two fellowship programs in Complex Pediatric Spinal Deformity and Scoliosis at the Shriners Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, PA, and Minimally Invasive and Complex Adult Spinal Deformity fellowship at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, AZ.
Dr. Gandhi has a passion for research. He is the author and co-author of many peer-reviewed research papers in major neurosurgical publications and numerous textbook chapters and has given oral presentations at national and international neurosurgical meetings. Dr. Shashank Gandhi continues to pursue research in order to further the knowledge and care for neurosurgical patients around the world. He is a member of several medical professional organizations including the North American Spine Society (NASS), Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), and American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS). Dr. Gandhi has also been a part of a handful of medical mission trips all over the world including India, the Dominican Republic, Thailand, and Barbados.
When Dr. Gandhi is not caring for his patients he enjoys spending time with his family, playing the occasional game of tennis, and enjoys connecting with others in the Indian community.
- University of Florida – Bachelor of Science Junior Honors Medical Program 2010
- University of Florida College of Medicine – Medical Degree 2013
- Northwell Health System – Neuosurgery Residency 2017
- Shriners Hospital for Children – Complex Pediatric Spinal Deformity & Scoliosis Fellowship 2017
- Barrow Neurological Institute – Minimally Invasive & Complex Adult Spinal Deformity Fellowship 2021
- National Institute of Health T35 Training Grant June 2010
- Charles Kuntz Award – Top Abstracts March 2018
- Sanford J. Larson Award – Best Spine Abstract May 2018
- Charles Kuntz Award – Top Abstracts March 2019